When the right talks about guns, they focus on individual rights, often at the expense of responsibility.
When the left talks about guns, they focus on impose bans that are either unenforceable or are superficial “band-aid” approaches.
What we all should be talking about are data driven, realistic solutions that will reduce gun violence, including:
- A graduated licensing system with mandatory training
- Higher age limits for certain firearms.
- Universal firearms registration.
- Mandatory safe storage requirements.
- Reforming the NFA and classifying suppressors as accessories, not firearms.